The second Escape Artists podcast, PseudoPod is dedicated to bringing it’s listeners the best short horror fiction on the planet.
Edited by Shawn Garrett and Alex Hofelich, PseudoPod is a show that continually engages with two issues; the belief that horror as a genre is commonly out of touch and the desire to entertain but not traumatize an audience. With that in mind, the show constantly ‘tunes’ it’s approach to content warnings and listens closely to its community of listeners to continue to perfect the process.
That engagement with audience is coupled with the show’s infectious love for its genre. Shawn and Alex are both uniquely well read and well connected in the field, and a PseudoPod episode is as likely to feature a lost gem from a long dead author as it is a new nightmare from an upcoming star. Horror, all of it, is PseudoPod’s remit and host Alasdair Stuart is always ready with another story. One, as always, he promises you is true.
PseudoPod’s new listener page is a fantastic place to start delving into its archives.
Published weekly by Escape Artists Inc., PseudoPod is produced and distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works license.
Logo and Images
- PseudoPod uses the Tablet Gothic family of fonts, and Calluna for serif
- Links/primary: #71a97a
- Menus: #a6efb1
- Navigation: #051b12
Download the contents of this press kit in a zip file. Print resolution images available upon request.
- PseudoPod is a 2018 finalist for the inaugural Best Audio category of the British Fantasy Award.
- PseudoPod has won the THIS IS HORROR Award for Best Fiction Podcast twice, in 2016 and 2017
- PseudoPod has won the Parsec Award twice, and been a finalist six times:
- Finalist 2015: Best Speculative Fiction Story: Large Cast (Short Form) for The Screwfly Solution by James Tiptree, Jr., narrated by Tina Connolly, Eric Luke, Matt Franklin, Anna Schwind, Mat Weller, Rish Outfield and George Hrab
- Finalist 2015: Best Speculative Fiction Magazine or Anthology Podcast
- Winner 2014: Best Speculative Fiction Story: Small Cast (Short Form) for Growth Spurt by Paul Lorello, narrated by Steve Anderson
- Finalist 2014: Best Speculative Fiction Story: Large Cast (Short Form) for Four Views of the Big Cigar in Winter by Charlie Bookout, narrated by Laura Hobbs, Emily Smith and Matt Franklin
- Finalist 2014: Best Speculative Fiction Magazine or Anthology Podcast
- Finalist 2013: Best Speculative Fiction Story: Small Cast (Short Form) for Final Girl Theory by A.C. Wise, narrated by John Meagher
- Winner 2009: Best Speculative Fiction Magazine or Anthology Podcast
- Finalist 2007: Best Speculative Fiction Story (Short Form) for My Caroline by Matt Wallace, narrated by J.C. Hutchins
Current as of July 2018